Monarch Casino Offers Free Dealer School AND a Job After Graduation!
Monarch Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk rolls out new dealer school and is seeking qualified applicants to be a part of the team.
Anyone looking for a new job may want to pay attention to this one. If you don’t mind the commute up to Black Hawk, there’s a unique opportunity to get a head start on a new career and a guaranteed job. The Monarch Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk is starting a new, free dealing school, and if attendees pass, they are guaranteed a job.
It’s no quick afternoon, though—the class requires 120 hours of training and those who complete it, must then take a test to become a dealer. Once they pass the test, they will have a job at Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk. The class normally costs $1,000 but for a limited-time, Monarch is offering this training for FREE. Classes begin mid-August and will be held Monday through Saturday, 1-4 p.m. and 6-9 p.m., at the Monarch Casino Warehouse in Evergreen.
There are a few non-negotiables for those interested in pursuing this opportunity, including:
- Applicants must be 21 years old and older and be able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Must attend and complete dealer training (successful completion of the course includes passing a pre-employment drug screen and background check).
- Tattoos may not be seen while wearing the official uniform, only earlobe piercings are permitted, and hairstyles and colors must be “conservative, professional and natural in appearance.”
- All applicants must have strong mathematical skills, as there will be a test, and be able to read and write English.
- Attendees must also complete an interview with casino management before admission to the course and must commit to a minimum of 12 months of employment with Monarch once training is complete. Those who leave before 12 months will be charged the $1,000 class fee.
- Upon completion of the class, each applicant must audition to graduate and earn a position on the team.
Interested applicants can start the process by applying online. Check out the complete details here of requirements, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Full and part-time positions will be available, and according to the school information page, part-time dealers on average earn $30,000 per year (with full-time dealers making on average $50,000 per year). Benefits include free shift meals, paid holidays, paid vacation time, tuition/education reimbursement up to $6,000 per each calendar year, 401K, and a health benefits package.
Courtesy of Monarch Casino Black Hawk (Facebook)